New Forum for Accidents and Incidents!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
The new Accidents and Incidents forum is located in the Art of Scuba Diving.

This forum will help us gather into one place these important discussions that heretofore have been scattered around the board.

It is hoped that by discussing Accidents and Incidents we will be able to increase all of our safety.

Thanks goes to fgray1 for suggesting the forum and devoting time and energy to finding some of the past threads that have been moved into the new forum.

Thanks also to Supervisor Rick Murchison for his help in writing the sticky note at the top of the forum to be read before posting.

The subject is negative... but lets keep the discussions positive so that we can benefit from them.

good work, guys

Great new feature!!

OUTSTANDING ! I think there is no other subject that is more important than prevention of a diving accident. We can gain wealth of knowledge & understanding from this forum so if one day we are in situation as such, at least we have a good understanding on how to react.
I also want to thank you guys:

safe diving:
Sam:

Thank you for creating this forum. I love case studies. Yes you are right that the subjects are negative but we all have to learn and we learn from history or the experiences of others may it be bad or good.

I'm learning a lot already. There are many things that may look good on paper but may not be proper in practice. Great new forum!

I really appreciate the new Accidents and Incidents Forum. I've read the reports with interest; I know it will make me a safer, and more careful diver.

Thanks, Uncle!

love2godeep:
I really appreciate the new Accidents and Incidents Forum. I've read the reports with interest; I know it will make me a safer, and more careful diver.

i agree very much. in fact, the first "safety" book on
diving that I am aware of (Sheck Exley's book on
cave diving) came about as a result of his study of
accident reports and the lessons to be learned from them.

Back
Top Bottom