New Flex hoses vs traditional black rubber Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shadow5868

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am thinking of changing to the new flex hoses on my regs, low pressure inflator, and high pressure. What does everyone think of these hoses? Is it worth the money? Pros and cons. And what is the best make? I am thinking of going with Miflex hoses. Feel free to comment on one question or all. Thanks to all

Hi,
I guess it's a matter of personal preference, but I do know a lot of divers (myself included) who prefer rubber hoses. Braided hoses tend to be floaty underwater and cause chaffing. They can damage your hood or neck seal and will be painful when / if catching your hair. I wouldn't recommend them, particularly on regulators. On the LPI and SPG they're still ok in my opinion. I had tried switching but after a year, I went back to rubber.

I switched and couldn’t be happier. Less tug on my jaw - pack way smaller and lighter weight. Added a swivel at my second stage and no more jaw fatigue.

I have half and half... primary second and SPG with MiFlex and octo and inflator with rubber. I've found the MiFlex to be like @Incantu75 describes. The rubber hoses I have are pretty soft and flexible, so if I were to buy more, I'd probably go with rubber.

I prefer the LP flex hoses and did away with a swivel. They are very comfortable. The HP flex hoses are a step backwards as they are very rigid and have tendency to snag.

I love my braided hoses. You can get generics at half the price of Miflex.

I switched and couldn’t be happier. Less tug on my jaw - pack way smaller and lighter weight. Added a swivel at my second stage and no more jaw fatigue.

love my braided hoses. You can get generics at half the price of Miflex.

+1

I had 2 flex hoses. I didnt like them and went back to rubber. The flex hoses were hard on my neck seal, and I really didnt care for how they routed.

DW

Prefer flex hoses, for my use they are just better but I sometimes use rubber if I have one sitting there that is the right length.

Back
Top Bottom