New Feature: Member Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
In addition to Scuba Gallery (which current features over 3,000 u/w photos submitted by users) we now have a member photo gallery to showcase all of the profile pictures uploaded by our members. You can access this new feature at http://www.scubaboard.com/album.php where you will see over 50 pages of member photos giving you a face to put with the name. If you have not uploaded your own photo you may do so at http://www.scubaboard.com/profile.php?do=editprofilepic and should you want to go the extra distance you can even include comments! For those of you with broken thumbnails just upload your image again and it will be resized to fit to our gallery

If you are looking to upload more photos than merely your profile picture remember to checkout Scuba Gallery which currently offers 50mb (more upon request) of space to members for underwater and onshore photo sharing and best off all, it’s free to use from anywhere in the world!

Ted...I noticed there are 3 entries in the Scuba Board Members gallery, third from the bottom in the listings, but they are photos taken by those members, not photos of the members themselves. Shouldn't these be listed under members Gallery? Or am I confused?

If I'm right, maybe you need to rename it so the members will know for sure what it's for.

Dee, I agree that the entries should be of actual "photos" of the members and not avitars and cartoons(unless the photos were included). It does seem to defeat the purpose.
But the editing nightmare that would create would take a person almost a liftime to accomplish.
Perhaps there would be a program that could weed out the non-photo (included) profiles.

Chuck

Sadly you can't tell what the photo is of unless you do it by hand... I think this new feature will encourage more people to post real photos but for some people identity is very private or they just want to express their "self image" through something besides themselves.

Back
Top Bottom