New England Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAsharkDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just taking a pole to gauge interest...

If offered, would you travel to New England to dive? New England has some of the best SCUBA diving in the world with varied marine life and excellent dive sites!

Trip would be in August/September of 2006.... would dive Cape Neddick Light (Nubble Light), Maine; Rockport and Gloucester, Massachusetts and possibly some wreck dives. Would also like to include a day trip before returning to Colorado, to the New England Aquarium and historic Fanuel Hall Marketplace.

Don't have any pricing as of yet, but the dive retailers I've spoken with in Denver have told me that New England diving is not advertized, so, I would like to see if there would be any interest out there.

Diving in New England during August / September:
Water Temp: 60F-70F
Visibility: 5ft-20ft.
Marine Life: lobsters, pollack, skates, wolf fish, sea stars, torpedo rays, horseshoe crabs, oysters, etc.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys and ladies think of this.

Pete

info@underwatereducation.org

Have Drysuit,Will Travel :wink:

I have always wanted to dive wrecks in Long Island Sound......and I have a cousin in Spencer,Mass. I could inflict myself upon :)

Blue Skies,

Mark

Just for reference, the Long Island Sound isn't really anywhere close to Spencer, MA. The sound is off of SW Connecticut. Massachusetts diving is mostly done in the Cape Ann (Gloucester, Rockport) and South Shore (Plymouth) areas. We have a ton of shipwrecks, as well as abundant marine life...invertabrates especially.

markd_nscr986:
Have Drysuit,Will Travel :wink:

I have always wanted to dive wrecks in Long Island Sound......and I have a cousin in Spencer,Mass. I could inflict myself upon :)

Blue Skies,

Mark

I would love to,,,,but not sure my wallet is thick enough or pockets deep enough yet........but I will someday get Down East again and do some of those great dive spots! Best to you on your plans.

MAsharkDiver:
Just taking a pole to gauge interest...

If offered, would you travel to New England to dive? New England has some of the best SCUBA diving in the world with varied marine life and excellent dive sites!

Trip would be in August/September of 2006.... would dive Cape Neddick Light (Nubble Light), Maine; Rockport and Gloucester, Massachusetts and possibly some wreck dives. Would also like to include a day trip before returning to Colorado, to the New England Aquarium and historic Fanuel Hall Marketplace.

Don't have any pricing as of yet, but the dive retailers I've spoken with in Denver have told me that New England diving is not advertized, so, I would like to see if there would be any interest out there.

Diving in New England during August / September:
Water Temp: 60F-70F
Visibility: 5ft-20ft.
Marine Life: lobsters, pollack, skates, wolf fish, sea stars, torpedo rays, horseshoe crabs, oysters, etc.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys and ladies think of this.

Pete

info@underwatereducation.org
I noticed your post and the lack of replys. Perhaps I can explain the lack of replys. The flight from Denver direct to Cozumel leaves in the morning and arrives in the early afternoon. On the beach by late afternoon. No car to rent because the hotels pick you up at the airport for the 15-25 minute trip to the hotel. The dive boats usually pick you up and drop you off at the hotel pier. Cost including diving is around $1,250 per person per week. And last the diving is great. So, it will be a hard sell to convince most Denver divers to go anywhere other than Cozumel. See you there the first week of May.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom