New eco-Awareness site from The Guardian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm doing some work for The Guardian on their new eco-awareness website, 'Tread Lightly'. I'd like to hear any comments you might have about the site, the pledging system or about the issues surrounding it

Please post your comments here and feel free to be as brutally honest as you like :)

Thanks in advance...

Tread Lightly | Environment | Guardian Unlimited

About Tread lightly

Do you want to live a more low-carbon lifestyle, but are unsure where to start?

Tread lightly is a community of people committed to reducing their CO2 emissions through making weekly pledges and recording their actions against their pledges.

This will enable people to step up their efforts to reduce their own CO2 emissions, and also to track the combined efforts of the community.

How to get involved

We are starting with an easy pledge - asking users to switch to energy-efficient lightbulbs. You can choose your level of commitment for each pledge - light, medium or heavy user.

Each week, on a Friday, there will be a new pledge, such as turning appliances off standby, washing clothes at a lower temperature or using the car less frequently. You can also suggest pledges you think the community should make on our blog.

hi there..

No i'm not a diver. I was looking for people who mind find the site interesting and took a look over this forum and thought the people here may be interested in having a conversation about the issues that the site talks about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom