New dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boatdiver842

Registered
Reaction score
I found a great deal on closeout Mobby dry suits.
Armor Shell Pro without under garment- $1,000.00.

Which brings me to my next question-
Which under garment?
Most of my diving will be in Northern Calif. about 45 degree water.

$1000 will get you any number of high quality drysuits. Why did you decide on Mobbys?

FWIW my undergarment of choice is the Diving Concepts TPS Thinsulate Extreme. Warm, very form fitting, very flexible.

jonnythan:
$1000 will get you any number of high quality drysuits. Why did you decide on Mobbys?

FWIW my undergarment of choice is the Diving Concepts TPS Thinsulate Extreme. Warm, very form fitting, very flexible.

Very durable. Super easy to get into. True self doning. Lots of movement.
Most suits I looked at were above $1,300.00

Thanks for the tip.

jonnythan:

As much as I'm pimpin' eBay around here, you are the king of the DC Thinsulate Undies, my friend. :11: I mean, if there is a drysuit undies thread within keyboard range, you are all over it.

And the thing is, its working on me....

I've added it to my thrice daily eBay search (thank you very little H2Pollster for sharing with us your amazing buy) and I've contacted DC to find a dealer.

If I buy a set, you need to demand a check from them. :10:

---
Ken

Well good comfy stretchy flexible warm drysuit undies are like A1 steak sauce.

"Yeah. It's that important."

boatdiver842:
I found a great deal on closeout Mobby dry suits.
Armor Shell Pro without under garment- $1,000.00.

Which brings me to my next question-
Which under garment?
Most of my diving will be in Northern Calif. about 45 degree water.

Check out these guys http://www.weezle.co.uk/boards/about.htm. I live in British Columbia, Canada and do a lot of cold water diving year round. I'm using one of their Weezle Extreme Plus under suits and it keeps me pretty comfortable as well as I've get lot of mobility in it. I think you would be comfortable in one of their Compact One
Pieces. I've used thinselate and it's great too, but it deffenately isn't anywhere close to the weezle suits for comfort, mobility or weight.

Mo2vation:
As much as I'm pimpin' eBay around here, you are the king of the DC Thinsulate Undies, my friend. :11: I mean, if there is a drysuit undies thread within keyboard range, you are all over it.

I've added it to my thrice daily eBay search (thank you very little H2Pollster for sharing with us your amazing buy) and I've contacted DC to find a dealer.

---
Ken

Those are my undies of choice too - I have the TPS Thinsulate Extreme Stretch. I'll bring mine along next time and you can try them out. We're probably about the same size these days.... :)

Mo2vation:

---
Ken

HA!! i knew you'd turn eventually...see that thread the other day worked.....

hardhat:
Check out these guys http://www.weezle.co.uk/boards/about.htm. I live in British Columbia, Canada and do a lot of cold water diving year round. I'm using one of their Weezle Extreme Plus under suits and it keeps me pretty comfortable as well as I've get lot of mobility in it. I think you would be comfortable in one of their Compact One
Pieces. I've used thinselate and it's great too, but it deffenately isn't anywhere close to the weezle suits for comfort, mobility or weight.
I have a Weezle as well. It will keep you warm even if it gets wet. It wears well under my Mobby's twin shell abyss too.

Weezle Extreme Plus. Last dive was 45min, water temp 39f and I was toasty warm. Very nice stuff! Very comfortable!

Jet

Back
Top Bottom