New dry suit????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ask ten divers for their drysuit recommendations and you're likely to get ten different opinions. There are so many good choices out there, and so few bad ones! Both White and Bare make great suits, and stand behind their product, so you won't go wrong in either case.

But when you are narrowing down your choices and getting ready to make a decision, may I invite you to consider visiting us when our Dueling Srysuits Demo Program is in your neighborhood this season. We have great pricing on just about every major brand, and plenty of suits in stock on the trailer to test-dive. And the best part? It's free!

Here is who's suits you'll be seeing this season on the Dueling Drysuits Demo Tour:

Bare
Bodyglove
DUI
Hollis
Mares
Pinnacle
Poseidon
Sea Soft
Seac
Waterproof
Whites
Zeagle

...and get some fantastic pricing on these suits on the tour!

Jorgy:

You are asking good questions in the right forum.

We have a new neoprene suit that may be a consideration.
Check out our drysuit catalog pages @ www.diveapollo.com

The dueling drysuits by IVS is also a great idea, as well as the DUI
Dog Days.

All the best for lots of safe diving.

Get in Contact with Dave or Bev, at Indian Valley great people they always have demo's of there suit's up at dutch. Trying something out before you buy is a great advantage. Also DUI has there demo day at Dutch coming up. If you interested Head Up there and try out different suit's.

As for me when I was purchasing it came down to DUI or Bare. but the value for me was all in the Bare a high quality suit and they have been around for a while I got everything that you would need to upgrade in the DUI for almost 800 less.

IVS.....

You make great points.......

I was more asking about thoughts on this particular deal.....

As a former demo suit, are there any drawbacks to buying it?

I have already seen the drysuit and tried one on, so size/fit is confirmed......

I have over 400 dives on my current 2003 drysuit which is compressed neoprene.....the zipper is beginning to show age and has recently developed a "rough close" section, I fear leaking is not far off......

I did attend a Dog Days Demo and my sense was that even there the drysuits didn't get a real fair test, as there were many divers, many folks were diving suits that were not "perfectly" fitted.....also neck seals were not trimed and fins may or may not fit as perfectly as one would want......

My sense is that a fully optimized rig......hood/weighting/trim/undergarments/drysuit/seals/hoses (length and routing)/fin fit/BP&W harness/etc takes time to pull together and many dives to get right.......

The demo's are like a 10 minute new car test drive but not a truly fair demo of all the drysuits benefits and/or drawbacks.......

M

Jorgy,

Demo suits of course have typically been wet, at least once. Some more than a few times. One of the key differences with our suits in the demo program is that our own staff is on site fitting the suit to the diver, assisting in donning & doffing, and trimming neck or wrist seals for a great fit. And you can dive it all day if you want, to make sure you really like it. Or come back to the trailer and try a different brand to compare - hence the "Dueling Drysuits" concept!

So buying a demo suit off our trailer might well save you several hundred dollars, and since we turn our suits over all season long, you mihght be getting one that has less than three or four dives on it.

And even if you decide to order new or custom, we've got a really sharp pencil! You'll like the results I am sure!

IVS....

When will you be at Dutch Springs? I will make it point to come visit......:wink:

Thanks......M

Pick a date:

May 22 & 23 DUI Dog Days - Dutch Springs

May 29 & 30 IVS Dueling Drysuit Demo's Whites vs Body Glove vs Sea Soft - Sea Doo vs Bladefish Scooters - Dutch Springs

June 12 & 13 White's Drysuit Demo Days - Dutch Springs

June 19 & 20 IVS Dueling Drysuit Demo's - Hollis vs Whites - Digital Camera & Video Systems
Dutch Springs

July 17 & 18 IVS Dueling Drysuit Demo's Whites vs Body Glove vs DUI - Sea Doo vs Bladefish Scooters - Dutch Springs

July 24 & 25 IVS Dueling Drysuit Demo's - Diver Propulsion Vehicles - Digital Camera & Video Systems Dutch Springs

Aug 28 & 29 IVS Dueling Drysuit Demo's Whites vs Waterproof vs Sea Soft - Sea Doo vs Bladefish Scooters - Dutch Springs

Oct 2 & 3 IVS Dueling Drysuit Demo's Whites vs Body Glove - Sea Doo vs Bladefish Scooters
Dutch Springs

Oct 16 & 17 IVS Dueling Drysuit Demo's Whites vs Waterproof - Digital Camera & Video Systems
Dutch Springs

Nov 20 & 21 IVS Dueling Drysuit Demo's Whites vs Waterproof - Sea Doo vs Bladefish Scooters
Dutch Springs

Check the Indian Valley Scuba website for updates!

Looks like July 17/18......

White's v. DUI......

And scooters........

What more could I ask for.......:D

M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom