New Divers From MI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My wife and I just did our open water certification yesterday. We have a big dive for us coming up in March and are looking forward to it. We will be doing a few local dives before that trip. Cozumel Mexico is the March destination. I will be reading everything I can off this forum.

My wife and I just did our open water certification yesterday. We have a big dive for us coming up in March and are looking forward to it. We will be doing a few local dives before that trip. Cozumel Mexico is the March destination. I will be reading everything I can off this forum.

Welcome. Where in Michigan are you? Which company did you do your open water with?

Welcome! If you are going to Cozumel they do alot of drift diving due to wicked currents in various areas there. Do some self education on drift diving and use this forum to research as well. One thing to remember on drift diving is everything is a flyby. Don’t get caught up trying to fight a current to see something for a few extra seconds. It could be exhausting (fighting current) or enjoyable (let it take you on the ride). Of coarse you must steer yourself and navigate the plan but stay with the group and you will be most assured to get a boat ride back to port on the same boat that dropped you at the drop site. Enjoy...

Welcome and congratulations!!! Lots to learn here on these boards. Smart to practice wherever you can before your trip. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom