New Diver:)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jack hockett

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone

I am new to diving me and my girlfriend recently passed our open water in September of last year and are about to go on our first dive holiday to Malta in the next couple of weeks! EXCITING STUFF!!!:)

We have been buying some equipment before we go and my gf bought some scuba pro regs second hand, we got them serviced and all was fine but her gauge hose has started leaking!:( is this a quick fix or does it need to be serviced again?

can i just change the hoses over?
I also bought regulators i bought Aqualung glacier and i would like to change my low pressure inflator hose to a braided hose can i just take one off and switch it over myself?

thanks in advance!!
look forward to learning from you all:)

Yes you can just take off your rubber hose and replace it with a breaded one if you want - word of advise - DO NOT over tighten it - finger tight + 1/8 of a turn or a smidge.

if the SPG is leaking it may be an over tightened O-ring being squeezed. Regardless, whoever did the service is at fault - I would take it back to them and demand they fix it. (as opposed to fixing it yourself because you are inexperienced.) - try loosening it up and then do finger tight + a smidge.

I concur, take it back to the shop and have them make it right.

Regardless, whoever did the service is at fault - I would take it back to them and demand they fix it. (as opposed to fixing it yourself because you are inexperienced.)

After having my regs serviced, my high pressure hose had a small leak during my very next dive trip in the caribbean. Although the dive op offered to look at it, I opted to take it back to my LDS as I was thinking about the warranty and not messing that up by letting someone else work on it. My LDS took it and repaired it in minutes.

If you are on a trip and then find that some of your hoses are leaking, sometimes either on the dive boat or in the dive shop, many dive operators will offer to fix it for you or swap out a hose (what the dive op did for me in my case) until the end of your trip. Have seen this several times with other divers who had their own gear and in each case there was no charge (but hopefully a better tip.)

howdy and welcome from south Florida....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom