New diver who's caught the bug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TooManyHobbies

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone! I got certified about a month and a half ago and I've been diving as much as possible since. I am diving in the northeast in quarries primarily, but going to Cozumel next month for something totally different.
I bought a BCD after I got certified but I had some issues with it and rented a BP/W. I fell in love with that setup and now I'm looking to change over. I have some questions about the changeover, weighting, buoyancy, and transitioning from cold freshwater to warm saltwater. I'll make sure to search the forums before flooding you with these.

Excited to be here!

Be careful in COZ! It’s addicting :)

Congrats and stay wet!

Welcome to ScubaBoard and congratulations on getting certified.

Welcome and congratulations. If you've been diving Hyde's quarry or Juturna springs only, Cozumel is going to blow your mind!

Unfortunately Hyde’s is no more. I got certified in Juturna and I’ve visited Phoenix and Norman

Hey TooManyHobbies. I live in Austin, TX but my customer is MDTA in Baltimore. Last Friday I was stuck in BWI for 11 hours, and I was thinking I could just stay into the weekend. If there's diving available nearby, I may bring my gear next time (fly Southwest, so it'll be free!).

Hey TooManyHobbies. I live in Austin, TX but my customer is MDTA in Baltimore. Last Friday I was stuck in BWI for 11 hours, and I was thinking I could just stay into the weekend. If there's diving available nearby, I may bring my gear next time (fly Southwest, so it'll be free!).

Hit me up if you decide to stay a weekend. There's a quarry about an hour away from BWI. I'll pick you up and we can go dive!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...congratulation on your healthy addiction...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom