New diver to the Northeast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Francis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello fellow divers,

I am new to the northeast and have not had a dive up here at all yet. I was looking for places that would be best to maybe meet with some local divers and get some info about the diving up here. Any LDS anyone can recommend? I live in Cambridge, but am willing to drive for quality dive shops and people, hopefully looking to get in with a group of divers who go regularly around here and partake in trips and the like!

A little about me: I am from OK originally, moved to MA about 2 years ago now and just recently wanted to start diving again basically because I forgot about it as it has been probably 8 years since last I dove. I have around ~60 dives under my belt both freshwater and saltwater (Caribbean), but I am thrilled to start back up again! Let me know if you all have any suggestions, would love to hear from ya.

I would reach out to Undersea Divers about a refresher class, and some shore diving off Cape Ann. Look into the North Shore Frogmen (northshorefrogmen.com) about meeting new buddies.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida......welcome back to scuba diving...

look into the metro west dive club. they do group dives every Saturday morning. They are very welcoming to non members too.

Welcome back to diving!! Get ready for a completely different experience, diving in the NE. Dry suit, steel tanks, and lots of lead. Lot of nice diving in the Bay as well but Cape Ann is my favorite site in MA.

Last edited:
Let us know if you ever come up Maine way, plenty of good sites up here too.

Let us know if you ever come up Maine way, plenty of good sites up here too.

I would really like to experience all of the diving available up here, I am just looking to build a good base of people I know in Boston before expanding so I do expect I will make it up that way sometime soon! All of my gear was shipped to me and is supposed to arrive in the next few days so diving season for me has just begun. That being said, I am not familiar with cold water dives so much, so this might be an eye-opener.

Cold water diving is great!...a few more millimeters on the wetsuit, a few more pounds of lead on the belt...it's all good!

Cold water diving is great!...a few more millimeters on the wetsuit, a few more pounds of lead on the belt...it's all good!

Any recommendations for dive groups in the Maine area or LDS to seek out when I make it up?

Back
Top Bottom