New Diver to Florida -- Diving in Naples ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals! Hello to the Florida Conch Divers !!! John here. My wife and I just moved to Florida! We moved here from Texas so we were part of the Texas Swamp Divers forum over there.

I gots a question for everyone. Some of my Texas friends are going to be in Naples around Thanksgiving. We would like to find a dive boat for some excellent open water salt water diving in the Naples area. The problem is, being new to Florida, I have no idea who the boat operators are or who might offer a fun trip. Can I get some advice from the Conch Divers in the area ??

Thank you.
John

Really? Nobody in Florida has a recommendation for the Naples area?
I find this interesting.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

As far as I know there isn't a lot to dive in Naples. There is the mohawk wreck and some great (from what I've heard) spear fishing in Fort Myers. I do all of my diving either down in the Keys or on the East Coast of Florida. Although you might want to give the LDS in the area a call. Call Dean's Dive Center and talk to Brent (owner). He could tell you better then I could about the dive ops and sites in the Naples/Fort Myers area. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

You can try reaching out to JamesK here on the forum - he's a cave diver in the Naples area and can probably get you set straight.

John I live here in Naples and as others have said there isn't much, unless you wish to go offshore a good ways.

I personally recommend to just drive a hour and a half to Fort Lauderdale and have a nice beach dive on the reefs near commercial pier. It makes for a really nice day trip.

Jamesk is a awesome guy and probably be able to help, again as others have mentioned.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the sunshine state John! I live up the road from you in Fort Myers. As suggested by others, not really much in the area- I cant really recommend any boats from Naples, but Deans Dive shop here in Fort Myers does charter trips out to the Mohawk - I've never been as the trip is 2 hours out and i'm more of a shore diver, but the guys at the shop are great and I heard good things from other divers. As suggested above, I would drive 1.5 hours over to Fort Lauderdale (i'm doing that this weekend) or even add on an extra 45 mins to get to Key largo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom