New diver looking for a dive partner in Orange County

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I’m going to be in Anaheim from Aug. 16-18 and would like to find somebody to do some off shore diving with. Is there a place where I can find other people looking for a partner? Not sure how this all works. Thanks!

Awesome, thanks.

No, I have not dove in SoCal before. I’m going to be out there for the UFC fight and was going to try and get a dive or two in. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it!

Are you comfortable with water temperatures in the 60s? (Meaning likely a 5 or 7mm wetsuit and all the extra weight that requires.) And are you comfortable with not having a guide in the water? If you're new to diving and have only done tropical resorts, you might feel most comfortable hopping on the ferry to Catalina and booking a guided dive with Catalina Diver's Supply. The water is clearer out there, the staircase entry is pretty easy, and the guides are awesome; they'll help you with a weight check and add or remove lead as needed. I did a bunch of those when I was just starting out, and it really helped build my skills and confidence for being paired with randos on a boat.

Back
Top Bottom