New diver - just bought Mares mr2 computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AliD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
After much reading of the manual and multiple button pressing sessions, I think I am getting the hang of it. However, I note that the date and time are way out of sync and can't figure out how to change them to current date and time. Can't find this in the manual - Can anyone advise. Thanks
AliD

Hi,

Glad to here you are getting the hang of you new computer. Here is how to adjust the date and time.

• Move cursor to Set mode at top of screen.
  • Hold mode button for apprx 2 sec
  • Press and immediately release Mode button until you reach SET 4
  • Press Mode button for apprx 2 sec to enter SET 4
  • Press <> button to scroll and mode button to set the appropriate time and date.
This should help. Feel free to post any other questions.

Best regards,

Hey that's great - all done. Thanks for your response it really worked. I am sure I will be back with more questions once I start diving with it. Thanks a lot.

Hi. I just bought the MC@ computer and was wondering if the top and bottom part is supposed to be nicely and tightly and seamlessly closed or not? On the side of the batteries there is a clear separation of the two parts and I am not certain that is how it is intended to be. Do I need to send it back?
Also while I was trying to get it to enter set up mode to do minimal set up, such as date, measurements, I could not get the date set up to blink. I would hold the Set button for two seconds and it would say set, then I can get it to go to the date screen but nothing would blink. Am I doing anything wrong? Or is my computer faulty? The manual is not very helpful at all. I really appreciate any suggestion you might have!
Thanks in advance!

Hopkins, it is ok if there is separation between the two pieces.

Go to "set"
Depress the left button for at least two seconds. If audibles are engaged you will hear the beep. It should display Set 1 once accomplished.

To make adjustments in Set 1 you will again have to depress the left button for apprx 2 seconds. This will allow you to make adjustments within Set 1. The right button will scroll through your setting options, using the left button to activate or lock them in. Once you have set all parameters for Set 1, computer will go to Set 2, and so on. To engage any of the Set 1-5 functions depress the left button as mentioned before. Note these buttons can be a little stiff in the beginning, so firm pressure is advised. They will loosen up a little with use.

If this still does not help you, please take it to a Mares authorized dealer for inspection and possible service.

Sincerely,

Thank you for your reply! I followed your instructions and got everything set up!
This weekend is my first trip with the new equipment. I am looking forward to using my new computer, BC from Mares!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom