New diver in south east Wisconsin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USMC0842

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey new to diving and this board. I just completed my open water. I live in the Milwaukee area. I’m looking for inland lakes to dive on the weekends in the area. I don’t feel ready for Lake Michigan. We went to lake Nagawicka this last weekend. It was so busy with boats we just left. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Also come down to Hammond, IN. We’ve got plenty of 30-40ft wrecks that are great for novice divers.

In Hammond, IN how much does it cost to get out to the wrecks?

$120 per 2 tank charter. Half a day. Those are the close in shallow wrecks. Double Action Dive Charters.

I’m a regular on the boat. If you sign up, let me know and I’d be willing to buddy up if I’m available.

For you, I’d suggest the Material Service Barge or the Tacoma. The Louisville is at 60ft and my favorite

Is Lake Wisconsin diveable? I've only been for a swim there. I think there is a boat launch somewhere around.

Also, Lake Mendota in Madison is dived a lot. One of the Madison shops has regular dives out there.

Does anyone dive in Geneva or e.g. Pewaukee? Though Geneva's probably way overcrowded on good days. Devil's Lake is a bit of drive from Milwaukee and Wazee: even more so.

Back
Top Bottom