New diver in Atlanta from Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bossthanapol

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, my nickname is Boss and I'm from Thailand. I'm here to study robotics in Atlanta and I am a certified PADI OW/AOW/Nitrox and Sidemount diver. Looking forward to diving more and progressing to Tech/cave diving soon! If there's any recommended place to dive near Atlanta please let me know. Nice to meet y'all!

Welcome!

The closest we have here are some quarries, but north FL isn’t too long of a drive either. The closest are: Blue Water Park and Dive Land Park in AL. Next closest would probably be Loch Lowe-Minn in TN or Vortex Springs in FL.

Hello, my nickname is Boss and I'm from Thailand. I'm here to study robotics in Atlanta and I am a certified PADI OW/AOW/Nitrox and Sidemount diver. Looking forward to diving more and progressing to Tech/cave diving soon! If there's any recommended place to dive near Atlanta please let me know. Nice to meet y'all!
You’re only 4-5 hours from cave country and all the springs. Plenty of choices for OW diving.

Hello, my nickname is Boss and I'm from Thailand. I'm here to study robotics in Atlanta
Welcome to the forums! As mentioned above, some people from Atlanta drive up near Knoxville to dive in quarries -- not clear ocean water, but often clearer viz than the Gulf! Let me know if you need a dive buddy if you head up this way.

Hey, Boss, welcome to SB from another ATL'ian. I see I'm a little late with the welcome, and I thank @Rob9876 for reviving your thread. I'm guessing you're a Georgia Techie. As others have said, for sure the best diving is a 5-hour or so drive to the south in Florida. In fact, it is this proximity to some of the world's best underwater caves that got me into cave diving.

Welcome to the forums! As mentioned above, some people from Atlanta drive up near Knoxville to dive in quarries -- not clear ocean water, but often clearer viz than the Gulf! Let me know if you need a dive buddy if you head up this way.
Thanks for your warm welcome! Do you have any recommended quarries in Knoxville? It'd be great if those are not too cold as I don't have a dry suit :(

Hey, Boss, welcome to SB from another ATL'ian. I see I'm a little late with the welcome, and I thank @Rob9876 for reviving your thread. I'm guessing you're a Georgia Techie. As others have said, for sure the best diving is a 5-hour or so drive to the south in Florida. In fact, it is this proximity to some of the world's best underwater caves that got me into cave diving.
Thanks. Yes, I am a Georgia Techies! I am really interested in doing cavern/cave diving too. As I am less experienced, do you think taking a sidemount/cavern course at this stage is a bad idea?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom