New diver here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sputnikboy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everybody,

I posted a couple of times but totally forgot to introduct myself!

I live in Italy but never dived in Italy or Europe, so far I preferred to dive while travelling far away. Make no mistake I'm first a traveller, then probably a (amateur) photographer and only then a diver, which says more about my diving rather than my photographic skills :p
While I'm not a very experienced diver, I had dives in quite few countries so far: Thailand, Jordan, Djibouti, Yemen, Sudan, Japan, Madagascar, Malaysia and Palau (just came back!). Never been on a liveaboard yet, I wanted to refine my diving skills first, but I hope to do that soon as I'm getting more and more into diving.
Next year I plan some more diving in Japan and, if everything goes well, on the Great Barrier Reef. :yeahbaby:
I'm a nudibranch lover, but when underwater, everything which comes my way is fine!

I hope to find some good infos on here and have fun, cheers guys! :happywave:

Glad to have you join us. I really want to go to Madagascar, or somewhere in that vicinity like Zanzibar, Mauritius or Seychelles. What was the diving like there?

Thanks for the welcome!

Okay, I'm not a pro like many here but I liked the diving there. Up north, around Nosy Be, I found pretty good visibility, lots of reef fishes, turtles, some nudies and during an awesome night dive at "Guilbert" a spanish dancer and a leaf fish in just two days of diving; keep in mind that I missed some of the best sites: Nosy Tanikely, which is a marine reserve and from what I heard it's like an acquarium, and "shark entree", where you can guess what is the main attraction.
Yeah, I wouldn't rate it in the same tier of Sipadan or Palau for the diving, but Mada offers A LOT so fellow divers who wanna visit an amazing country can go there and have some fun underwater too.

Back
Top Bottom