New Diver from the PNW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexSCUBA

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and diving. I just completed my open water certification last Saturday in Seattle Wa and I'm just here to interact with the dive community and find new dive buddies to help me grow and expand my skills.

You picked a good place to come. A number of people post on here from that area. I believe TS&M and NWGratefulDiver dive up there?

If you completed your OW course in Seattle, I assume you're already familiar with the local (cold) diving conditions.

Got any scuba trips planned, or mainly planning to dive locally?

Richard.

Welcome to the world of diving Alex! I think you'll love it here.

Have you considered joining any dive clubs? I'm a member of two (Moss Bay and Pacific Northwest). There are a number of more. Various shops organize fun dives (Underwater Sports in Federal Way, Evergreen in Everett, and I'm probably missing a number).

I live/work on the eastside, so I don't do night dives during the week that often (though not really night dives at this time of year), but if you are interested in meeting up, let me know. Feel free to PM me.

My weekends are booked for a while (helping out dive classes as part of my dive master certification, then I'm taking the PADI Tec 40/45/50 courses in July).

What gear do you have? I have extra lights (a must in my opinion even when diving during the day around here). I'm guessing you would be renting. I have larger tanks, at 117 cu ft. I'd rather you use one of mine, as you're dive time (and therefore mine) if you are using the typically smaller ones that are available for rent.

Kosta

Welcome from another new PNW diver! I am in Everett myself, and loving the local scene up here. If you ever find yourself in need of a dive buddy feel free to PM me!

Hi all,

Thank you for the warm welcome! drrich as of right now I'm mostly planning on local dives although I'm hoping to make it down to Cancun next summer to go to the underwater museum.

wetb4 thank you for the offer, I am pretty booked on weekends as well right now but when I get some time I'll be sure to shoot you a PM. Right now the only equipment I have is mask, find, snorkel and boots so I would be renting everything else. Thank you for the tips on clubs, I was wanting to join some just didn't know where to start!

apostle my cousin who was certified with me also lives in that area so I'm sure we will be doing some dives up there, I'll be sure to PM you if we get one planned.

alexScuba, welcome to diving, and to :sblogo:!

If you are considering purchasing gear, you should know that Bubbles Below is going out of business, and this week, is liquidating everything. There may be some new equipment at good prices, but they are also selling their student gear, which should be very affordable.

There are a LOT of diving opportunities in the area. Consider joining a dive club . . . there are quite a few of them, ranging from Emerald Sea in Everett, to Moss Bay in Kirkland, and the Marker Buoys further south. Clubs all post dives, and encourage people to come out and buddy up. In addition, check out the nwdiveclub.com forum. There are standing dives at Edmonds, Cove 2, and points south every week, and they are posted there. Nobody in the Seattle area should ever skip a dive for lack of company!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom