New Diver from Southern Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ceparker14

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good evening everybody!

Just wanted to give a quick intro as I'll hopefully be participating in these forums more and more over the next few months.

My name is Clint, 19 years old, I'm from the Brighton, MI area and I currently live in Kalamazoo. Recently took my OW course and I'll be completing my OW dives in May. The dives will take place in Gull Lake. Still have a couple inches of ice on many of the lakes up here and I'm not much for swimming in the cold...

I'm definitely aiming to live down south when finished with school but that's a few years away so while I'm up here I'd like to take advantage of all of the lakes that Michigan has to offer. I am trying to dive East Traverse Bay and Torch Lake this summer along with whatever else I can make time for that's a little closer to my area. I haven't logged any dives yet but I have snorkeled in Oahu, St. John, and St. Thomas. My father turned me onto the scuba diving and I've been trying to find the time for the class for a couple years now. I'm really looking forward to this summer and plan to spend as much time as possible underwater.

So far I love what I've read on these forums and I hope to contribute as much as possible.

Thanks again!

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

howdy and welcome from warm south Florida..

Good evening everybody!

Just wanted to give a quick intro as I'll hopefully be participating in these forums more and more over the next few months.

My name is Clint, 19 years old, I'm from the Brighton, MI area and I currently live in Kalamazoo. Recently took my OW course and I'll be completing my OW dives in May. The dives will take place in Gull Lake. Still have a couple inches of ice on many of the lakes up here and I'm not much for swimming in the cold...

I'm definitely aiming to live down south when finished with school but that's a few years away so while I'm up here I'd like to take advantage of all of the lakes that Michigan has to offer. I am trying to dive East Traverse Bay and Torch Lake this summer along with whatever else I can make time for that's a little closer to my area. I haven't logged any dives yet but I have snorkeled in Oahu, St. John, and St. Thomas. My father turned me onto the scuba diving and I've been trying to find the time for the class for a couple years now. I'm really looking forward to this summer and plan to spend as much time as possible underwater.

So far I love what I've read on these forums and I hope to contribute as much as possible.

Thanks again!

KVCC, WMU, or K-college scuba course through Sub-Aquatic Sports?

I'm about an hour west of you.

Here's the Lake Michigan group : mudclub.scubaobsessed.com

Also, welcome to the sport!

KVCC, WMU, or K-college scuba course through Sub-Aquatic Sports?

I'm about an hour west of you.

Here's the Lake Michigan group : mudclub.scubaobsessed.com

Also, welcome to the sport!

WMU Beginner Scuba course through SASS with Rick! Great guy, definitely enjoyed the class.

8 weeks, 1 credit through WMU, 2h15m class lecture on mondays, 2h15m pool session on wednesdays.

He was very patient with everyone in the course (had 11-12 students) and covered everything thoroughly. I'm checking out that site now, thanks for the link!

I got certified through Rick a while ago. I agree he is a great guy. Gull lake has some neat things on the bottom. Pick up a map from Sub Aquatic and see if they still do the annual lobster dive. The locals used to meet up on Wednesdays/Thursdays at Ross to dive the lake. I would check with Rick to see if they still do. It's a great way to network and me either divers.

I'll be around those parts in July and diving with a few friends that live right next to the boat launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got certified through Rick a while ago. I agree he is a great guy. Gull lake has some neat things on the bottom. Pick up a map from Sub Aquatic and see if they still do the annual lobster dive. The locals used to meet up on Wednesdays/Thursdays at Ross to dive the lake. I would check with Rick to see if they still do. It's a great way to network and me either divers.

I'll be around those parts in July and diving with a few friends that live right next to the boat launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My OW will be in Gull Lake one weekend in May with Rick. I also have to get my dad's old BC and regulator serviced before then so I'll talk to Rick about the weekly dives when I stop in for that. His website says they still do it. Definitely looking forward to it as I'll be in Kalamazoo working for the entire summer. Fishing in the morning, diving in the day, fishing at night :cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom