New diver from boston, hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to SB!
Thank you!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Glad you had a good time in Florida; it's a great state with quite a variety of dive environment types.

Richard.
Thank you. Yes, Florida was absolutely incredible, bathtub waters and a million different critters. It was a whole lot of fun!

Welcome to SB, welcome to the underwater world.

I'm about 30 miles south of you and dive NE a lot. If you have any questions let me know.
Thank you! Sounds great, I appreciate it.

Welcome aboard. I too got certified in that balmy N. Atlantic here in NS (2005). Were you diving wet? I still venture in wet occasionally for a 20 minute dive during winter. The shop here does courses over winter now, I assume mostly in drysuits.
I was diving wet. 7mm, 3/5mm hooded vest, gloves, 7mm booties. The water was 55 not too bad but the air was 34 ...thats what was worse. I was wondering why everyone had these weird poncho things .... I quickly found out. especially when i changed out of my suit and the ice cold winds whipped right through my pale ass body. I'm hoping to get dry-suit certified next! But it's $$$$$ so I'm trying to do some side jobs and raise a little extra spending money before committing haha.

Welcome to Scubaboard. If you're interested in diving regularly check out North Shore Frogmen dive club. They dive every Sunday year round
Thank you! Cool, I took a look. I need a dry suit so I can dive through winter though otherwise I will definitely look into it come warmer water.

Boston Scuba in East boston great place to go and get some dives in on their boat. Graves light is a good local dive

Back
Top Bottom