New diver checking in from Malta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone! I've been reading these boards for a few days now and decided to take the plunge and get an account.

I've started diving a few months ago after moving to the Maltese islands. I've done a few DSDs over the past years so I knew I liked to dive already and got started almost as soon as I got here. Got my PADI OW certification from an awesome instructor on Gozo who has thousands of dives under his belt and (I think) taught me pretty well.

I work here as a tour operator representative and we also work with a local dive school, which means I send my guests that I sell dive packages, DSDs and (on good days) full PADI courses for them. In exchange they take me diving for free, which is super nice and so I've been diving pretty much every week on my one day off. I've done about 15 dives with them and got my AOW card the other day. On my deep dive I saw a wreck looming in the distance (did I note that the vis is great here? 30-40m is more rule than exception) and now I know I want to pursue wreck diving.

The question I'm sneaking in along this introduction is what your opinion and/or experiences are with the PADI Nitrox, deep and wreck diver specialty courses. Ideally I want to do them all so I have maximum flexibility in exploring wrecks, but perhaps one is tougher than the other or there are other considerations I might be overlooking. Currently I'm thinking of either deep or wreck specialty first and then Nitrox. In the end it might not matter since one caveat of the free diving is that I get to tag along with whatever is going on at the moment, so there's not always a choice :)

Thanks, I've learned a lot by reading these boards so far and hope to keep doing so and contribute.

Cheers,
Lorenzo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom