New Diver and Looking to Meet New Friends!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey, my name is Preston and i am relatively new to scuba diving. I am looking to meet new people and hopefully get to dive in cool new areas. Any tips for someon new?

join your local club. visit this site - lots. work to improve your buoyancy control & trim every dive. relax, breathe and have fun

Welcome from the dive paradise of Florida's Treasure Coast!! feel free to visit the Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook and you are welcome to join us on any of our dives!

Welcome. Use the area sub forums. I have met a buddy or two that way.

you are doing it. meeting new people, looking to dive new spots is a great way to start. You can learn from everyone you dive with (sometimes good, sometimes bad), figure out what works for you and incorporate it. Avoid "best gear" discussions with other divers. Quite simply, each diver believes their gear is "the best" otherwise they would be using something else. The hardest thing on a diver's gear is another diver. I do hope you meet as many amazing people and see the wonderful things that I have been able to meet and see.

Covediver said it well!!

Welcome to SB. A great place to be and learn. Don't be afraid to speak up.

howdy and welcome from south Florida...now dive, dive, dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom