New Dive Team Member

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjklotz

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,
I was just recently selected to join the Dive Team at the Sheriff's Department where I work. I am looking forward to this adventure and the many that come as a result of this opportunity. I will be spending many hours in the classroom and in the water in the coming months. We are not a fulltime dive team, I will be diving in addition to my normal work (call outs) and training around that schedule as well. I am looking forward to soaking up some knowledge from the forums here.

Congratulations!

You might find the Public Safety Diver forum of use to you. Public Safety Divers

The closest I have got to helping law enforcement is taking x-rays for the local Medical Examiner.

I'm sure you will have interesting times.

Cheers!

Congratulations!...welcome to scuba board...........

Hey there cjklotz, as a team leader and Instructor for 3 Public Safety Dive Teams, I will give you the best advise that I can, get trained, get trained, get trained, then go diving, go diving, go diving, then get more training, get more training, get more training, and go diving, go diving, go diving, then repeat. After 20 years in the Industry (both diving and Public Service), I still learn something new every day. The teams that I run, with the exception of one, train on a weekly basis in one way or another. All 3 teams are volunteer and have a true passion for what they do. Our teams are not, for the most part, just guys who like to put on gear and think that we are "GODS." That is the quickest way for someone to get hurt. Our teams, myself included, learn from each other and we don't see rank (certification level) as a way to rate our divers. We consider ourselves as a TEAM, not and Instructor and a bunch of Open Water Divers. We work together as 1 unit, and even work mutual aid with other departments for the Public's safety and security. Unfortunately, there are some teams and even the occasional team member in our area that has the mentality that his / her badge is shiner than ours, simply because they have stripes on their shoulder or wear a bar or two on their collar. Members like these is what will ruin a team and endanger team members and the Public. Welcome to world of Public Safety Diving, and let me know if you ever having any questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom