New Dive Spot coming to Texas.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They have been talking about this for awhile so we'll see if it happens. It's so far away from where most people live so it will be interesting to see if it can be successful.

TXDM:
It's so far away from where most people live so it will be interesting to see if it can be successful.

???

Clute is only about 50 miles from center of Houston. On a good uncongested freeway. Blue Lagoon is almost that far away. Athens is 70 miles from Dallas, it's nearest major metro area. People in Texas are used to driving an hour to get anywhere. If the park is as good as intended, plenty of Houston divers will make the drive.

Clute is also next to Freeport, the departure point for the FG trips and many rig trips. Many people taking those trips may tack on a few lake dives, especially on blowouts.

I go through Clute about every other w/e on my way to Freeport. When the FG trips are blown out they usually make the call at about noon so I don't know if customers would go ahead and make the drive down there to dive a sand pit. Perhaps though. In my experince most people want to haul butt home after a FG trip. I hope it works though.

TXDM:
I go through Clute about every other w/e on my way to Freeport. When the FG trips are blown out they usually make the call at about noon so I don't know if customers would go ahead and make the drive down there to dive a sand pit. Perhaps though. In my experince most people want to haul butt home after a FG trip. I hope it works though.

Some will, some won't. Some may come down Thursday and make a few checkout dives to be sure everything is good to go for the FG. I don't think there would be huge crowds of them, it's just one more source of customers.

I think it will be successful because the owner understands the industry and what divers want. He intends to provide first class facilities that are lacking in most other sites. Real bathrooms, changing areas, showers, covered tables, onsite swimming pool, full service dive shop, small restaurant, family friendly, etc.

Back
Top Bottom