New dive computer, Apeks Quantum (Tusa IQ-700), a few questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TinoD'Voe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just picked up this device yesterday and after going through the manual I'm still left with a few questions.

First of all, when going through the mode displays, it states that after "profile" there should be a "PC" mode. My computer just ends up going to "set" mode instead. Do I need to have a dive before it will go into pc mode or is there something wrong here?

2. when setting up dive mode, there's the SF0, SF1, SF2 settings. The manual just mentions that 0 is current altitude and 1 & 2 are for the next altitude sector, becoming more conservative. Could someone elaborate on this and under what circumstances would you use 1 or 2?

3. I've stuck this thing underwater to see what it does in dive status. There's an icon PO2 with 0.2 under it. What does this number mean?

4. Where can I get a lens protector for this?

5. I noticed there are a few places selling pc cables for this computer, at a ridiculously high prices. Has anyone tried making their own cable with any success?

Thanks for the help, any more tips or tricks with this computer will be appreciated!

2) These are altitude ranges, and can also be used to add conservatism. The manual should explain what altitudes fall into each setting.

3) That's your PO2 level when diving nitrox. .2 means .2 ATA. Are you nitrox certified? If yes, you should find and instructor to teach you about this as it is vital to staying alive. If no, don't worry about it.

4) www.scubatoys.com

5) ScubaToys has one for $75; $50 if bought with the computer. I understand there are some people who have made their own, try a search on here.

thanks for the reply,

there's some info about altitude changes and selecting the right setting, but this is something different I believe. I'm wondering under what situations I would use SF1 or SF2

As for nitrox, I've never been certified so I guess i'll ignore that for now.

I've had no luck finding the DIY cable. If anyone has a link that would be great.

teknitroxdiver:
2) These are altitude ranges, and can also be used to add conservatism. The manual should explain what altitudes fall into each setting.

3) That's your PO2 level when diving nitrox. .2 means .2 ATA. Are you nitrox certified? If yes, you should find and instructor to teach you about this as it is vital to staying alive. If no, don't worry about it.

4) www.scubatoys.com

5) ScubaToys has one for $75; $50 if bought with the computer. I understand there are some people who have made their own, try a search on here.

What cable are you looking at. The only one I see for this unit costs $120.
Interested because I need one too.

page 10 in the manual explains the altitude settings.

0= 0-2952 ft
1= 1968-5904 ft
2= 4920-8528 ft
3= 7544-19680 ft
err= over 19680 ft

The computer automatically measures and calculates this every 10 minutes.

I'm pretty sure mine skipped the pc mode also until I got dive logs on it. Not possitive but pretty sure.

I re-read what you are looking for as far as your question to the SF numbers. they are safety factors. If you want to stay well within you NDL time you can select SF1 and it lowers your bottom time for what depth your at. If your at 40 ft depth on SF0 you can stay down for 109 min but be putting you within 3 PG of your NDL time. If you want to be conservative and safety cautious you can change to SF1 and it will lower your bottom time to 92 minutes and keep you well within your NDL time. Or if your extremely safety cautious and go to SF2 it will lower your bottom time to 77 minutes for the same 40ft depth.

Just an added feature to help keep you well within your diving time at what depth you plan on diving to.

Hope that helps explain it.

Hmm yep you're right. Maybe I was looking somewhere else...I'll look around and see if I can find it again. I did see that it was $50 if you bought it with a comp but since you've already got your's I guess it doesn't help you much!:rolleyes:

teknitroxdiver:
Hmm yep you're right. Maybe I was looking somewhere else...I'll look around and see if I can find it again. I did see that it was $50 if you bought it with a comp but since you've already got your's I guess it doesn't help you much!:rolleyes:

Too bad :) I was hoping you had found a deal for me.

The download option will be available after you've done your first dive with the computer. It foxed me when I first got mine.

J.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom