New Dive Boat In Town, "The Explorer"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalRich

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Another perfect day in SoCal. The Explorer is a good size vessel, with bunks a cozy galley. The crew was very attentive and supportive. Two of the crew are leaving for long vacations to other parts of the world, but I'm sure things will keep running smoothly until there return. Eco Dive Center's instructor seemed to have all their students relaxed and confident. NOTE: $140. for the day plus tip, with ECO makes for a bit of a pricey day. But it ain't cheap to do business in Calif. I will be back on the Explorer soon.
Good Divin,
SoCalRich

Attachments

• Starlight, LuLu's reef (18).JPG
    Starlight, LuLu's reef (18).JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Starlight, LuLu's reef (31).JPG
    Starlight, LuLu's reef (31).JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Starlight, LuLu's reef (28).JPG
    Starlight, LuLu's reef (28).JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 132
Another perfect day in SoCal. The Explorer is a good size vessel, with bunks a cozy galley. The crew was very attentive and supportive. Two of the crew are leaving for long vacations to other parts of the world, but I'm sure things will keep running smoothly until there return. Eco Dive Center's instructor seemed to have all their students relaxed and confident. NOTE: $140. for the day plus tip, with ECO makes for a bit of a pricey day. But it ain't cheap to do business in Calif. I will be back on the Explorer soon.
Good Divin,
SoCalRich
Hey Rich, nice post. The Explorer had been in business for many years out of Ventura- parked adjacent to the Spectre. It had been for sale for the last few years and it appears that it has found a new owner. Thanks for posting. -- Greg

Hey T123, Great to hear from you. Can't wait to dive your neck of the woods again. but in the mean time I will be in Capatola for Christmas, So if weather permits, Monterey diving just might happen. Happy Turkey Day, Be Safe
Good Divin,
SOCalRich

Thanks Rich-- Looks like I am going to make a road trip down south after Xmas and spend 3 days diving Anacapa and Santa Cruz Islands on the Raptor out of Ventura with friends. All the best! Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom