New Desert Diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAKristey

Reaction score
Hola y'all! I'm a new diver AND new to this forum. WOOHOO! Anyway, I do indeed live in Phoenix, AZ. I'm a born Hawaiian (haole) who's a Texan at heart and Lives in Phoenix for the heat and the great Mexican food! I just got my o.w. certification at my local mud hole..I mean lake. (OK...so it wasn't THAT bad, just LOW water levels due to the fact it hasn't really rained in about six months.)
Anyway, I plan on doing quite a bit of travel so that I can dive. I made the mistake of putting off certification last time I went on vacation, and had the heartbreak of NOT diving in Grand Cayman. (What a waste huh???) I'll be hitting Akumal, Mexico in a few weeks here and am jumping at the bit to go. (August is HOW far off????)
I'm looking forward to learning lots and lots from everyone here. (Along with getting a few laughs like I already have over in the women's forum!)

Happy diving!

Kristey
:sombrero:

I would say that good Mexican food is worth moving for! God knows I have it better here in LA than I did in Illinois!

Don't lose heart waiting for enough "mud" to dive in; even the pool work is preparing you for magnificent open water experiences.

Glad u r here!

Welcome.....From a born and bred Texan!

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA
Have fun here and Dive Safe………………Arduous

Nice dive destinations you have planed , I’m envious, I have only dove in my own back yard here in New England

Wonderful to see another diver christened. Don't under-rate your mud hole, at least it's going to be warm down there in the desert.

Hope everything continues to go well for you. Give us a dive report when you return from Mexico.

MN

Welcome from Boracay, small island in the tropical region somewhere in the middle of the Philippines, where there's a nice white beach (understatement) and lots of palm trees! Oh, it's a sunny day today!

boracayisland2.jpg

That's where I live... not much different... sand, sand, sand... :D

Congratulations!!! From mud holes to deep blue.......you'll be in heaven.

I'm fairly new to the board myself and I think it is great that new divers have the opportunity to listen and learn from some of the best! Laughs abound but the advice is sound.

Keep us informed of your progress. Happy Diving!! If you're ever over this way.....let us know.

from Sunny Virginia Beach... have fun diving and enjoy the boards.

Rich :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom