New defective Mach V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KillerJupe

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just ordered a mach V from caveadventures (great deal and great service) had it sent to me in the Philippines only to realize one of the mounting rivets failed to properly capture all the webbing so a fair bit of unfinished nylon is sticking out.

I contacted oxycheq last week but no response on how they want to fix the issue. I'm sure it'll be ok for awhile but after spending several hundred $$$ i want it to last.

Also the shrader (sp) vavle in the inflater hose is broken and lets out a constant stream of air :(

Wing is great, just these two issues are frustrating and i hope oxycheq can fix it this nov while im back in the states for a week... maybe they will "tranship" me a replacement.

Anyone have any advice for getting a response from them???
thx

Oxycheq is known for their characteristically horrible customer service. I would seek help from cave adventurers if I were you.

I just ordered a mach V from caveadventures (great deal and great service) had it sent to me in the Philippines only to realize one of the mounting rivets failed to properly capture all the webbing so a fair bit of unfinished nylon is sticking out.

I contacted oxycheq last week but no response on how they want to fix the issue. I'm sure it'll be ok for awhile but after spending several hundred $$$ i want it to last.

Also the shrader (sp) vavle in the inflater hose is broken and lets out a constant stream of air :(

Wing is great, just these two issues are frustrating and i hope oxycheq can fix it this nov while im back in the states for a week... maybe they will "tranship" me a replacement.

Anyone have any advice for getting a response from them???
thx

Killer,

I'm not sure I understand the first issue with the rivets but as noted above, you'll probably get better service from the people who sold it to you.

As for the inflator. Does the fitting trickle air when it's not connected to the inflator? If not, does this happen when you hook it up to a different inflator too? If it leaks air just when hooked up to the inflator and not just one inflator, then the problem is a very simple fix. There is an o-ring (size -011) inside the quick disconnect that must be replaced. You could do that yourself. If the hose leaks from the quick disconnect even when it's not hooked up, that is probably a simple fix too, just adjust or replace the schrader valve in the hose.

Good luck,

c

I'll try talking to cave adventures too, just wish oxy would take care of it themselves.

the inflater leaks when ever i crack the tank open (hooked up or not). I need the tool to get in there and unscrew the pin thing. maybe there is no o ring.
Thanks for suggestions on the fix for the inflater.

I'll just take the loose ends of webbing and melt them shut

OK, so I think I’m understanding that it is the HOSE quick disconnect fitting that is leaking; is that correct? If so, then an auto parts store tire core tool may be all you need to fix that. If not, then you can replace the hose, but I’m reasonably sure you can repair the QD.

I like your idea about melting the webbing strands. You can get those metal grommets at a hardware store, make sure you get stainless steel or brass.

Keep us posted,

Couv

Well whoever made the inflater hose had ****ty QC.
Removed the valve in the hose and there was no O-ring to be found. Replaced it and now its ok.

i would still have liked oxycheq to have better service.... sigh

I recently ordered a new Mach V 30 lbs wing from Scubatoys. It arrived with two deformed grommets, I assume similar to the original post. Also, there was no zip tie attaching the power inflator to the corrugated hose (!).

Fortunately, Scubatoys immediately sent me out a replacement wing, which was fine, & I returned the other one.

Deformed rivets does seem like something one should notice during assembly...

i had mine mailed directly to the philippines.
i'll contact oxy when i return to the states in June... maybe they will help me then

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom