New "Darth-Vader-Look" jet fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Santa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Some one made a post about jet fins of a new wicked design. I checked them out on some Japanese website and sure enough they look like Darth Vaders sunday morning slippers. They're also insanely expensive.

So did any-one try them out?

Maybe even pit them against the trusty old jets?

Santa:
Some one made a post about jet fins of a new wicked design. I checked them out on some Japanese website and sure enough they look like Darth Vaders sunday morning slippers. They're also insanely expensive.

What are Darth Vaders?

Santa:

no link?

man those look sweet! looks like the hood of a ferrari enzo and i can imagine the darth vader images it conjures:) i wonder if they handle as well as the classics

I spoke to OMS last week. They maintain that the patent on Jet Fins is open to the public and that they have improved on it by combining plastic materials with the original rubber. They call this the "Slipstream", available in large/extral arge.

Further, OMS claims to be developing a really large fin with a different foot pocket. That description looks very much like the Japanese version. I imagine that when the mold is made that has "ScubaPro" replaced with "fill in the blank" many people will have made similtaneous discoveries and improvements.

Cagemaker

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom