NEW Cyklon valve pistons!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsingler

Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
At the DEMA service technician seminar last month, the Poseidon rep commented that someone had found a box of 400 old valve pistons in Sweden for the 300 series. They're not manufactured anymore and have been out of stock forever.
I called Salt Blue today and they had five in stock, and I got them all. I have another 15 on back order if Sweden sends any more to the United States.
If anyone has a Cyklon 300 that they used to use for stages, but now has IP creep due to valve piston scarring, I would be happy to service it for you. I'm keeping three for myself, but will be happy to restore two more. Sorry, I can't send these babies out as standalone parts.
If I get my back order, I'll extend this offer until they run out. Once these are gone, that'll be the end of the 300 line. Compact, robust, great regs! Outperformed only by the XStream, the best diaphragm first stage in the world.

Wow, love those regs; they're bulletproof -- started out on one of those; still use it, from time to time, on a bailout bottlle. The damn hose is original; yikes, forty year old rubber . . .

Well, the story must be true:
20191209_213128.jpg

Five original Cyklon 300 valve pistons just came in the mail.
That's two regs for you guys after I restore my three. And if my back order comes in, there's 15 more venerable Cyklon 300's that can get back into service. I have some service kits for them too. Hooray!

After this discovery is exhausted, it's the end of the line. A few of you have asked, so yes - they're here!

Woohoo . . .

My fifteen other valve pistons just arrived.
And since nobody seems to want to pay me $30 labor + $35-40 for a 300 service kit + $ 10 for the piston, I'll sell nine of them to those of you that service your own gear. $10 ea + postage.

These are the last Cyklon 300 valve pistons that there will ever be. Get 'em while you can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom