New Cruise Pier Approved

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once again money talks. There will be another cruise ship pier built beside sunset bar. You better dive Villablanca wall area while you can. Lakham Ha development next to Palancar Beach is also proceeding.
Nukin Futz,

Sad, is this one going to dump into cruise ship mall too?

Im sure they will build something across the road because that is in the plans too. Its between tekila and sunset. There goes a great area for shallow shore dives and training.

That would be too bad - that is a nice area. They need to finish what is currently being constructed and fill stores that are currently vacant, such as in the Royal Village Shopping Center across from the Puerto Maya Port Terminal.

What are they (Cozumel) expecting? Just trying to spread things out or bring in more people? On Dec. 7, there were 7 ships in - it's not like there is an awful lot to do on the island. Even people traffic and beach clubs near where I was staying (the Puerta Maya Port Terminal) or passing in a dive boat didn't appear crowded.

That would be too bad - that its a nice area. They need to finish what is currently being constructed and fill stores that are currently vacant, such as in the Royal Village Shopping Center across from the Puerto Maya Port Terminal.

What are they (Cozumel) expecting? Just trying to spread things out or bring in more people? On Dec. 7, there were 7 ships in - it's not like there is an awful lot to do on the island. Even people traffic and beach clubs near where I was staying (the Puerta Maya Port Terminal) or passing in a dive boat didn't appear crowded.
As evidenced by the Fonatur Fiasco, obviously there is no "they" coordinating what gets developed on Cozumel and how projects affect the rest of the island.

The local government is determined to make the island go to crap. This is heartbreaking - the greed is outrageous. The more I log on and read, the more grateful I am I left when I did.

The local government is determined to make the island go to crap. This is heartbreaking - the greed is outrageous. The more I log on and read, the more grateful I am I left when I did.
I think the local government is doing what the local people want. I just left coz on Sunday for my fourth trip to the island. Every single taxi cab driver, store owner, waiter, hotel staff people ect…. I spoke to was in huge favor of more ships coming to the island. I don’t know if they really care about the destruction to the ocean or not. What I know is, the diving for us last week was extremely crowded on the reefs. Constantly bumping into groups upon groups of other divers coupled with large groups of snorkelers as well. I’m in no hurry back. Not sure if I can attribute this solely to cruisers but nonetheless…

It's only going to get worse for Coz, unless they can get a handle on the violence that has been encroaching on the coast from Cancun to Tulum.

What I know is, the diving for us last week was extremely crowded on the reefs. Constantly bumping into groups upon groups of other divers coupled with large groups of snorkelers as well. I’m in no hurry back. Not sure if I can attribute this solely to cruisers but nonetheless…
Not that many cruseros dive, at least from what I have seen. If you are seeing more divers than usual, on morning dives, anyway, IMO it's unlikely that it's due to divers from cruise ships.

Back
Top Bottom