New chapter for Big Island Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spoolin01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
With my first trip in two years, I guess I'm late to find out that BID has been under new management, with a thoroughly remodelled and spiffy looking store. No break in pleasing the dive crowds, from what I can see, and a friendly and helpful staff.

They have changed at least one of their equipment rental policies, no longer having a weekly tank rental rate to combine with a separate fill card purchase. I liked that policy as I thought it simplified tank "management", improved (shore) dive flexibility, and reduced the number of trips to the store. Instead of spending $10/day to hold on to a tank - and getting unlimited free fills within the 24hr rental period, which seems to also be the policy at the other shops - it cost only $3 per day (@$20/wk) to keep a tank on those days when you didn't dive. To me that was a significant distinction between BID and all the others, as I'm mostly a shore diver.

They have said they will honor the old fill cards - a nice gesture! - so if there are any locals who could use them, I have one with 9 fills and one with around 75 remaining. PM is the best means to contact me, I don't reliably receive email notifications of posts to the thread.

On the plus side for me, they still offer a weekly rate for weight rentals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom