New BP: Swap over W from existing BP/W or buy another W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FB_IMG_1567736397531.jpg

"need" - the word associated with "more storage space".....

I do not intend to swap frequently, but I dislike removing the wing and buckles (I’ve done it a few times for gear configuration changes). That’s the main reason that I’m considering having two setups...quick change between setups if/when it happens to be necessary (which...if I’m being honest with myself...is a waste of ~$230).

Do people normally leave the wing attached all the time? I've been taking it off to wash after a weekend of diving and then I leave it in separate parts to store. Just figured it's easier to maneuver it without 5ish pounds of steel and straps hanging off of it...

Do people normally leave the wing attached all the time? I've been taking it off to wash after a weekend of diving and then I leave it in separate parts to store. Just figured it's easier to maneuver it without 5ish pounds of steel and straps hanging off of it...
Mine stays on all the time.

Mine stays on all the time, 5 pound plate, 1 pound STA, 6 pound of weight booties to the plate plus whatever the harness weighs. I do try to keep the wing inflated so that if it does fall it will not cause a pinch flat.

I’ve always left mine attached. I hose everything off when I get home from a dive and it stays on a hanger in front of a fan to help it dry out quickly.

The current one is a ~5lb plate. The new one (Dive Rite light steel plate) is maybe half that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom