New Bonaire Trip Video - GoPro Edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best way to handle PBD is to begin planning your next dive trip! :wink:

Yes! Even better yet, make reservations for your next trip before leaving the island. That strategy has worked for great for us for the last 4 years.

Nice video Doc and I'm happy that I am not the only one that make squids flee. Just once I'd like to get within 10' of one of those suckers, run away, run away they do.

Depressing that I will not make Bonaire next year, double sigh. I really need Bonaire but I will be diving somewhere.

cecil, when you are trying to get the squid to stick with you, instead of run away, what are you doing at that time? Are you trying to swim with them, towards them, do you stop and hold your position and just admire them, yet they flee?

I ask because have had a number of encounters with squid squadron, and haven't had them flee yet. Generally, they are reasonably curious and will line up and watch me back. That said, as soon as spying a squadron, I pretty much stop and hold my position and let them decide how much we will interact . . . or stare at one another. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom