New boat platform and Dive ladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I wanted to have a platform and ladder made that:

1) would last
2) strong but relatively lightweight
3) EASILY and quickly removeable so that we could transition to fishing
4) folds up
5) Allows for a height so that any diver could easily sit directly on the transom and swing their feet over the gunnel.

This is what I came up with. I worked with Enrique at techdivetools to design this and he was great to work with.

The Platform is 36" wide and 26" deep.

It pops in through 2 hitch type receivers. It is all stainless steel - except the decking which is a very thich and strong fiberglass grating.

The ladder extends deep into the water and folds up for moving around.

The platform comes out by pulling 4 pins and lifting up.

Im excited to start diving my boat - but now I have to install the new electronics. Last year on my Center Console, it was a PITA to get back in through the POS over the gunnel ladder.

Attachments

• platform2.jpg
    platform2.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 1,590
  • platform3.jpg
    platform3.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 1,449
  • platform4.jpg
    platform4.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 1,157
Last edited:
Great looking rig. I've been looking for this type of platform/ladder for my boat for a few years. Is that a one off custom or will they reproduce. How are the mounting plates secured to the hull? I have a 29'Aquasport .

Great looking rig. I've been looking for this type of platform/ladder for my boat for a few years. Is that a one off custom or will they reproduce. How are the mounting plates secured to the hull? I have a 29'Aquasport .

Enrique will make anything and he has been around for a long time and knows a lot of people in the dive world.

He keeps CAD drawings of everything he has ever made so he can reproduce it.

He makes tweaks based on angle of your transom, Your personal needs, etc.

The plates are secured with 7 (each plate) large stainless bolts through a reinforced area (added glass) with an enrique provided Stainless steel backing plate.

He has pictures of other options on his website - Diving Equipment Specialties

He worked with me for a few weeks going back and forth with different ideas and he took the time to CAD draw every option we came up with.

He was working on 6 other ladders at the same time that were being shipped all over the US but since it looks like you are in NY- you could do what I did and pick it up from him (He is in NJ)

The link is not working. I would love to see more of his work. How much did that set up cost you?

Im not sure why his site is down. I will send him an email. It was NOT cheap.......but it was custom designed, measured, and made for my specific angle on the transom and my 'demands' for simple removeability. All stainless. 3k. Lifetime warranty. He basically said I cant break it if I try and if somehow I do - he will repair/replace it at no cost.

I could have gotten it cheaper - but I was adament about the ability to easily and quickly remove the ladder from the platform, and the platform form my transom with little or no extrusion left on the transom for when I am fishing. This required a decent amount of custom designing. Once his site is back up (depending on what is going on) he has prices for similar, less custom products listed.

I will update this thread when he replies to my email about his site and its status. He is pretty well known in the tech diving world. His work is mentioned in MANY dive books as are his accomplishments as a diver. He does a lot of custom stainless and titanium dive gear. Its all a side gig for him as he also works full time.

Wow..... what a sweet set up. I need to come up with something myself. I wish I didn't have a swim platform but the wife won't let me cut it off :-(

The ladder on my platform suxs, but I bet your guy could come up with something that would work much better and be removable.

Just poked around the website.... that folding ladder for a platform is the ticket. Good stuff.... thanks for the link!!!

Back
Top Bottom