new bern nc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sciondiver518

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey guys I am moving to new bern nc and I would like to get some info about diving around there mostly open water ocean diving, (ie) water temps in summer any other reccomended gear, I was getting set up for diving in south florida so I have a 1 mill full wet suit and 3mill high top booties. Will I need to add more layers to mu suit because its so thin, any help is much appreciated

cool thanks i have been looking around and i see there are quite a few wrecks around north Carolina, im gonna get certified up there so im looking for some easy dives that are not too deep to start with, also what are water temps like in summer?

water temps in the summer are mid 80s near the surface and mid 70s at 100 or so feet - quite comfy. i used a 3mil & was quite comfy, though now i have a 5 (because i liked the fit better). either is appropriate depending on your tolerance.

welcome to the area! come to ncdivers.com, too!

I think water temps have alot to do with where your going to dive at.... up close it can get quite chilly when further out the influence of the Jet Stream warms it up a bit. Last year (fall), I was diving 3mm out at the Meg ledges and some went to the wrecks up close and were cold with a 5mm... but these are things you will learn in time...

Great wrecks (not Great Lakes "great" but pretty good wrecks off NC along with Sharks and Meglaodon ledges if you like.... which I do like...!

If you ever need a partner, let me know...!

lee

Hey guys I am moving to new bern nc and I would like to get some info about diving around there mostly open water ocean diving, (ie) water temps in summer any other reccomended gear, I was getting set up for diving in south florida so I have a 1 mill full wet suit and 3mill high top booties. Will I need to add more layers to mu suit because its so thin, any help is much appreciated

Just came from there,heaven!

Back
Top Bottom