New Basic Underwater Photography manual now available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulmila

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've recently published a low-cost photo manual, designed for new divers or beginning photographers who want to come home with nice photos without constantly fiddling with their camera's manual controls.
Available at Paul Mila Books
See testimonials from divers below:

Testimonials for Basic Underwater Photography​

If you're just getting started or want a refresher course, you can download this just-published manual by writer and photographer Paul J. Mila. It's got everything you need to get good images by using just your camera's automatic settings. Get details and order the book at Paul Mila Books. Ben Davison, UNDERCURRENT Magazine; Review June 3,2009

" . . .its tips could help non-pros bring home shots that will wow members of their dive clubs and maybe even get into print."
Bob Sterner, NORTHEAST DIVE NEWS magazine, June 2009

“I just returned from Grand Cayman, had a fantastic trip and did much better this time. I got pictures of green morays, turtles, jaw fish, parrot fish, barracudas, fire worms, sting rays, various coral shots, etc. The suggestions in your photo course were great and helped a lot!!!” Frank Kaufman, Cayman Island Diver & Photographer; February 22, 2009

“Just the right mix of info and technical information. I am not a "techie" and your explanations were quite helpful.
Loved the contrasts in pictures (flash vs. no flash - this alone should help someone make camera decisions).
Liked the fact that the book did not feel like a textbook.
I thought it was great for people like me wanting to venture into the world of UWP without overwhelming us.
Great tips on stalking, getting close, and being a fish - I believe these are key. I wish I had known this before my three outings - really burned the air.”
Rob Bomstad, Diver & Photographer; April 4, 2009

“I received your book and wanted to say thank you. The information was great for someone as inexperienced I am.
The comparison photos were extremely helpful and the tips on being a "stalker" will be of great assistance on our next dive trip. The information in the book seemed so basic, and then I realized that there were many things that I have not been doing. I have already shared this book with some people at our local dive shop who have been shooting pictures for years, and everyone of them found new ways to use their camera.” Phil Humphrey, Cozumel Diver & Photographer, May 9, 2009

“I read Underwater Photography and found your explanations excellent. I became an excellent film photograph over many years of effort and I guess I was afraid to begin again underwater. Your book made it sound so simple. Just maybe I'll try it out! Most information booklets are filled with tedious text that combines users into two groups all at one broad stroke. Directed at both the slow learners and those who are already somewhat advanced, they often are directed at neither. Your booklet is complete, and a joy in its simplicity.” Rhondda Dennis, Diver & Future UW Photographer; May 26, 2009

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom