New Band for Teric or Excursion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I was given an orange silicone band for my Teric and I like it. (Yes, I know about pin failures, etc.) I thought it would be cool to put the same band on my Excursion....but the darn band costs over $40, Amazon Prime.

I bought a replacement band for a Samsung Gear S3, MoKo brand, $9 on Prime.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N532M10/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I selected the MoKo brand because it looked like the pin-end of the strap pieces was already notched to merge nicely with the watch bezel. As it turned out, the notch was not quite deep enough, but a few seconds with an Exacto knife fixed that. The MoKo strap come swith a built-in spring pin...easily removable. The hole through the band where the pin was was small, but the silicone was expandable, so getting the Excursion pin through the band went OK.

This would have worked fine on the Teric, as well, but there was already a band there....

I'm happy!

20201012_142833.jpg

I've been looking for a new band for my Excursion. I'm not a fan of the NATO strap that it came with; what seems tight pre-dive, is loose during the dive. Really tightening it pre-dive seems to work, but annoying.

I may just machine up some aluminum ends based off what Narked makes for the Teric.

Spent 10 minutes on my lunch coming up with a rough design...
upload_2020-10-15_13-14-54.png

I'm going to print them first, because all my measurements were quick and dirty with a set of calipers.

Once I get the printed versions the way I want, they'll be aluminum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom