New Atom 2 - no link w/transmitter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abcitydiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi-
I just hooked up the transmitter to an almost full AL80, and cant get the computer to read the link - and yes, the entire system pressurized fine....

The computer shows the little "tank" with a "1" at the bottom, but the "PSI" flashes "zeros"....when I go to check the battery on the transmitter, it it says "not available"...am I doing something wrong? (all this attempted in normal dive mode).
I had the transmitter almost against the computer, then moved it around a bit....still nothing. I know I'm just missing something critical here, so all help appreciated!
Jane

they wouldnt have shipped a new Atom without a battery in the transmitter, would they???(since there was of course a working battery in the computer when it arrived)
I'm hesitant to go home and look, mainly because I dont want to open the tranmitter to a water leak, if I dont have to....

I am probably stating the painfully obvious here - but have you verified that you have the right transmitter code entered into the Atom?

These units come from the factory ready to go, but just in case, verify:

1. Transmitter ID code is correct
2. Verify that the ATOM is set with RECEIVER ON

If you continue to have difficulties, give Mark, David or Ron a call at 800-435-3483, ext. 761

Thanks to both of you -
I checked that the transmitter was on (it was) and I checked the ID code (it was correct)...and then I did what I do with my desktop computers when they are misbehaving....I RE-ENTERED the exact same transmitter code....voila...
NASA...we have lift off! :)

Thanks to both of you -
I checked that the transmitter was on (it was) and I checked the ID code (it was correct)...and then I did what I do with my desktop computers when they are misbehaving....I RE-ENTERED the exact same transmitter code....voila...
NASA...we have lift off! :)

Good going - that was a good idea -I probably wouldn't have thought to do that step :)

Glad you didn't hit it with a hammer.

Back
Top Bottom