New Article: Spending Time On A Vibrating Mattress Reduces Bubbles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dreamdive

Contributor
Reaction score
TRERO Website just posted another review of a scientific topic:

Shaken, Not Stirred – Spending Time On A Vibrating Mattress Reduces Bubbles

During a lecture preparation, I came across an article from 2009 describing that spending time on a vibrating mattress, before the dive, reduces bubbles. This study remained one of a kind until this year when another study reported the effects of pre-dive vibration on bubble load.....

The Rebreather Exploration and Research Organization

I just noticed that not all the references of the article were loaded. That has been corrected now.

C

In that post above, some touched on the concepts of "preconditioning" and "seeds".

It appears that if you can reduce the number of micronuclei prior to the dive, there are fewer bubbles... an arguments that bubbles require micronuclei in the first place.

It also appears that vibration immediately post diving, increased the amounts of bubbles - again, this was used to argue for the existence of micronuclei.

I do wonder how a Power Plate or equivalent would fare compared to the mattress :)

power plate.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom