New Addition To Bear Lake Utah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This past weekend the Bear Lake Dive Team sunk a boat off Cisco Beach.
Entry Coordinates 111 16’ 42” W 41 57’ 11” N
The stern rests at 34 feet and the bow at 39 feet. Since it rests on the slope I would think it would slide some over time. Hope not to far as that slope goes a ways. If you venture to it be very careful as there are still some loose metal pieces inside and around the cabin. One window still had glass in it. I hope some knucklehead wouldn't break it out. Maybe someone will go back and remove it. I know I'll be back in a couple weeks. When we got there we jokingly asked them if it would be ready for our noon dive. They hoped so and it was ready by 11:30.

My hats off to the members of the Bear Lake Dive Team who volunteered their time and resources to do this for our enjoyment. Thanks guys

This is great news! How is the diving in Bear Lake anyways? I am trying to plan a trip up there soon. Anybody interested let me know we can try and meet up.

Saturday it was 63 degF on the surface. First thermocline was at 21' (58 degF) next one was at 40' and a balmy 54 degF and a cool 49 at 45 feet. Vis was close to 20-25 feet. It was great diving.

Are you using a drysuit or wetsuit? What advice can you give for a first dive at Bear Lake? I would like to go up there this month sometime.

Are you using a drysuit or wetsuit? What advice can you give for a first dive at Bear Lake? I would like to go up there this month sometime.
I dive dry.
I had a dry suit specialty going on along with an Advanced Open Water so we had both. One AOW was in a 7mil with hood and gloves and said he was quite comfy while others were chilled. Your results may vary.
My advice for diving Bear Lake for the first time is go with someone who has been there.
Typically the winds pick up around 2:00pm making entries and exits a bit rough over the rocks. Utah surf entries :lol:
There are cool formations and other attractions but if you've never been you could miss them.
Since the fishermen like to troll just outside the dive area buoys a knife/scissors is a must.

onfloat:
What's the max depth in Bear Lake?
Depending on lake levels the max is 63m/208ft off Cisco Beach which is the deepest point.

On the dry vs. wet question -
I have been diving in a 7 mm and have found that it is comfortable as long as the water temp is around 50 degrees. Anything below that and I get too cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom