New 3mms full legth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm leaving for the Maldives in ten days and I want to get myself a new 3mms before leaving.

Is Hyperstretch worth it on such a thin suit?

Frankly 200+ $ + shipping + customs' taxes when I can get a nice Mares for about half the price look a bit too much, especially considering it's a warm water suit.

I just bought a Henderson hyperstrech to take to Hawaii with me recently and loved it. Very easy suit to put on and with the cold water I often dive in here I have the option of putting it on over my 7mm farmer John for a warm and toasty 10mm. Seriously I liked the suit not sure about value vs a mares. If you are just going to use it in warm water I would prob go with the cheaper one. I went this way because of the option and I cant afford a dry suit as of yet.

Cherry

Take this from a person experiencing the onset of middle-age spread, 3 mil neoprene is a lot more forgiving than 7 mil. I replaced my 7 mil suit with Hyperstretch, but hadn't considered replacing the 3 mil which still (amazingly!) fits. I have never found the 3 mil to be constricting, at least in comparison to the thicker suit.

in 28-30C water i use 3mm Mares tropic - cost me ~ USD 150. no issues getting in/out of the suit (i am on the skinny side though i do have a belly.

how thick is that SP suit in yr profile ? wouldn't that work ?

I went to Key West last November. Being from Michigan, I only use a 7mm semi dry. So I figured I better get a 3mm full suit for diving there. I went to Play it Again sports, a sports resale shop that carries new items as well. I asked the guy there what he had. Of course being winter, all the summer stuff was put away. He brought me in the back storage room and let me go through the racks. I found a nice 3mm full suit brand new. Better still he gave it to me for 65% off! I walked out of the shop with a new suit for $38 bucks. I would check a store like that if you have one around your area.

lanun once bubbled...
how thick is that SP suit in yr profile ? wouldn't that work ?

That's my old 3mms, it got a bit too tight, though.

It was fine in Egypt where water temperature is around 25°, and there is always a thermocline.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom