never hear much about Dominica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was there once on a cruise ship.The diving was spectacular,I am hoping to spend some time there in the future.

I looked in to Dominica for my upcoming honeymoon. By all accounts the diving sounded great, but what stopped me was the lack of infrastructure on the island. I plan on trying to make it out there at some point, so I'd be happy to read your report if you do make it out there.

I dove Dominica for a week several years ago..stayed and dove with the Anchorage Hotel near Roseau. Island is beautiful..lots of hiking/nature options and right now is whale watching season. Diving was pretty good...although I've read articles that seem describe it in more glowing terms that I found it. Was especially good for macro...one of the few places in the Caribbean where i've seen frogfish and seahorses, for example.

I have spent a week diving in Dominica and had a very nice time. Island is definitely third world but the people are delightful,friendly, and industrious and natural environment is beautiful. If you are looking for something a little off the beaten path this is a good option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom