Nevada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FallenMatt

Reaction score
In about a year from now i might have to choose if i am willing to follow my job/company to Nevada, somewhere around Reno.

The major factor for me is .. is there any decent diving out there ? How close is it to good diving spots in the ocean (ie, how many hours in a car).

Right now in Orlando, i end up usually driving minimum 2 hours to get to a good diving spot. although i have a choice of fresh water/spring dives, ocean dives and gulf dives.

Will I be miserable in Nevada (i've never been further west than Chicago). The way I understand it it is just desert all over the place and bunch of gambling opportunities.

And, will i have to invest in a dry suit ? :)

I have a buddy who still says that diving Lake Tahoe is very cool, and his favorite non-ocean dive. They used to dive the area that a ferry would cross, and he still has a lot of cool things he found that were dropped off the boat. He said that vis was sometimes excellent.
:guitar:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom