For Trade Nerd 2 Fischer for Nerd 2 4 Pin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquanomad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Long shot but... Anyone have a Nerd 4 pin wet mate they want to trade for a Nerd 2 Fischer. In excellent condition. I have a molex 3 cell Fischer cable with PG7 gland as well. A few rEvo mounts as well. Looking for straight across trade.

if we had a laughing response to these instead of Like I would have used it.... Good luck!
If you are looking for the analog versions, those are only available directly from Revo or KISS. Not something any distributors or dealers are able to buy or sell, so you are looking at a VERY small pool of computers out there. I'd be truly shocked if there were more than a couple dozen Nerd 2's with the 4-pin analog subconns ever made.

This is the only NERD 4pin I've seen.

Andreas Klocker

and good luck buying the other side of that cable. Can only buy from KISS or Revo, IF they'll sell you one... I still don't know why @Shearwater hasn't fully abandoned the idiotic Fischer cable. It has not served any purpose since the Predator Controller was discontinued. It has 1 advantage over the subconn, and that's the fact that the Petrel EXT doesn't need a cable sticking off the end of it. I think it's time to abandon an inferior cable altogether and move to the subconn as standard. 4-pin for analog, 5-pin for divecan.

and good luck buying the other side of that cable. Can only buy from KISS or ......snip......

Looking at the guy's FB page, he's got a Spirit Lite. Compatibility is one thing, doing it as a trade is an extra challenge.

if we had a laughing response to these instead of Like I would have used it.... Good luck!
If you are looking for the analog versions, those are only available directly from Revo or KISS. Not something any distributors or dealers are able to buy or sell, so you are looking at a VERY small pool of computers out there. I'd be truly shocked if there were more than a couple dozen Nerd 2's with the 4-pin analog subconns ever made.

Damn tbone. Thought there was a chance. Lol. Not like Im looking for an $500 Inconel. I guess these things are unicorns. I dont mind the Fischer. Just prefer the wetcon. Im using Tonys mounts and its easier to disconnect at the cable then the mount on the loop. In my experience a "hard" connected Fischer fairs better than a consistently disconnected one. Asked Peiter about changing the fitting. Said easier to sell and swap than go that route. Gotta put the feelers out before I drop the cash. Iv certainly landed satchels of hens teeth in the past by trying. Dont ask dont get kine thing. Had to try. Pandemic budgeting and all.

and good luck buying the other side of that cable. Can only buy from KISS or Revo, IF they'll sell you one... I still don't know why @Shearwater hasn't fully abandoned the idiotic Fischer cable. It has not served any purpose since the Predator Controller was discontinued. It has 1 advantage over the subconn, and that's the fact that the Petrel EXT doesn't need a cable sticking off the end of it. I think it's time to abandon an inferior cable altogether and move to the subconn as standard. 4-pin for analog, 5-pin for divecan.
Like this one? It is time to ditch the Fischer. I agree with your position.

Attachments

• 20200416_222727.jpg
    20200416_222727.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 123
Looking at the guy's FB page, he's got a Spirit Lite. Compatibility is one thing, doing it as a trade is an extra challenge.
Right. He got back to me asap. Sold:( Ill likely just flip it and buy direct from rEvo.

Hi Aquanomad,

Is the Nerd2 Fischer still available?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom