Neptune Space help!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yogi6407

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My brother and I recieved a Neptune Space with the comm units as a gifts. We have been trying them out without much luck. We continue to have an issue with air leakage around the face seal. I know that there are 2 different size skirts, could we need a different size skirt? How do we tell what size we have? The other issue is that when using for any amount of time, my chin hurts from the constant pressure. Any ideas

OCEAN REEF, Inc | Products.Neptune Space, look at the videos at the bottom of the page, and check to make sure you are fitting the FFM correctly first. its my understanding that the masks have different sizes, i dont know if the mask itself is larger or if its just the skirts themselves that define the size of the FFM.

I have a Neptune space ffm and have some of those issues first if you're chin
is hurting the straps are to tight they should be firm but not to tight they
have very large skirts so they should seal fine, the problem could be a different face size you need ...

One question are you using a hood with the ffm if you are that could be most of you're
problems unless you get a special hood that will seal with the ffm a normal hood will make the ffm lleak all the time and the only way to slow it down is to pull the straps tighter which will put to much ppressure on you're face , I use a normal hood but I have cut it so the ffm seals on my face not the hood ...

i hope this help the Neptune space mask is probably the best ffm for comfort , I have dived allot wwith other brands and I still think the Neptune space is the most comfortable :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 682
Thank you Divepink! We did find out that we had the Med/Lrg skirt so we have purchased the Med/SM. Have not had a chance to try them out yet. Will let you know. My daughter loves you equipment! She just got certified last summer, she is 12, and she wants everything PINK!

No problems yogi I hope it works out with the new ff masks, remember if you
use a hood to make the opening big enough so the mask fits to you're face
instead of you're hood it's easier for a better seal :) , do lots of donning on
and off with the mask and change to a normal reg and mask in a pool to get
use to removing in case of an emergency
keep a spare mask for buddy breathing, and have fun :D ...

oh also when you finished a dive open up full the adjustment knob on the side
i found it takes the presure off the spring plus it can hold water in the knob
for weeks and disinfectant wipes are a awesome way to clean the mask after a dive ,
I have lemon sented wipe which makes the mask smell nice :wink: ...

Awesome about you're daughter and pink there should be more pink divers in the water
i think :D
My daugher likes green so she will want that if she ever decides to get her cert
i probably wear enough pink for the both of us anyway lol ...
, there's lots of pink gear out there though it takes a bit of time to find ,
if you need any links let me know :) , oh and tell her when wearing pink ccuttlefish
tend to fall in love with with you , they use colours to communicate and pink is a
sign of affection to them lol ....

Cheers Tim ...

Divepink had great info. I wish I had discovered this forum earlier to help trouble shoot those issues. I had to do a lot of trial and error on my own.... not anyone around to ask those questions to! I've been using my Neptune Space for 7 years now and everytime I travel I get a LOT of questions about it. It seems no one has ever seen one in person. So who are you going to ask advice from when no one has even seen one before? Lol!
I bought a small skirt for my mask a few years ago while it was being serviced and that made a huge difference. (It came with a med/large) Also, I tighten the middle/side straps first to get a snug, but not super tight fit, then adjust the top, then the chin. That seems to get the most comfortable fit for me. Good luck! Hope you learn to love it as much as I do. I couldn't go back to a mask and normal regulator now.

Back
Top Bottom