Neoprene dry suit fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

First time dry suit owner. Got the BARE SENTRY Tech dry suit. My understanding is that compressed neoprene dry suits should be snug and feel almost like a wet suit.

It seems to me that the suit is pretty loose on me. I am 6'1" but have pretty thin arms and legs.

My biggest concern is that all the extra neoprene adds a lot of buoyancy as I went from carrying 10-12 lbs (7mm wetsuit + hood, steel HP100 tank) to carrying 28 lbs. Granted as a brand new dry suit diver, there is an adjustment curve but the change is huge.

I use the BARE SB MID LAYER undergarments.

Here is the picture of how the suit looks on me right after getting out of the water.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A...Ldljb-A&authuser=avi@kleyman.biz&usp=drive_fs

open

There is a lot of loose space in there for sure . If it is true neoprene I would want a tighter fit for myself , 28 lbs with steel tank is not overweighted for diving dry with undergarments .

Looks OK from the photo. You definitely don't want it wetsuit snug. Best to have a bit of give to add layers or thicker thermals in the winter months.

Unrelated, but how's this fit for a non-compressed neoprene drysuit? Going to trim the wrist seals.

Attachments

• IMG_20200118_084143.jpg
    IMG_20200118_084143.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 151
Looks pretty baggy in the arms and legs, and possibly the torso though it's harder to tell where *you* are in the torso portion. If it's a thinner suit that will still require thick undergarments, it should be less of a deal. I've had a couple of uncompressed 7mm drysuits over the years, but both fit me quite a bit tighter than yours appears to. Temps are generally high 40s to mid 50s around here, and I would wear as little as a lycra diveskin underneath just to keep the suit off my skin, to standard weight fleece undergarments. I still had a noticeable bubble unless I let the suit hug me, which would make it a lot colder. My first suit had built in boots like yours, and the fatter ankles and slightly longer legs than ideal, along with the rest of the bubble, meant that if I went inverted, the boots wanted to pop off my feet, taking my fins with them. I considered gaiters as a fix, but sold that suit and bought one with sock feet and thinner ankles.

I don't know, to me that suit looks considerably too big unless it will be worn with heavy undergarments. Even then?

The sentry is a compressed neoprene suit. So it should not be snug, its more like a shell suit, to wear appropriate insulation underneath. Its a nice looking suit, other than the size, how do you like it so far, what do you think of the pockets ?

I've got a 4mil compressed neoprene Pinnacle Black Ice dry suit doesn't sag anywhere. Looks comfortable however, you need room for undergarments. Do you know @CTRich?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom