neoprene dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

treasurehunter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi fellow members

i would like to know what you think of the new so called neoprene dry gloves.
i think they are more like semi dry, compared to the sealed dry gloves with ring seals.
i'm sure either models have there ups and downs. can anybody give me some insight as to your experiance with either.
need a pair don't know which way to go

Those aren't the only options. Personally I don't see the benefit of the semi-dry gloves. You lose dexterity (they are thick) and you won't be as dry or warm as with a real dry glove. The ring systems are pretty good. They are easier to don/doff then a dry glove w/ wrist seal but the rings can be bulky and interfere with clipping bottles, etc. Then you have the dry gloves w/ wrist seals. You basically put the seal down over your wrist seal. They are a little more difficult to get on and off but they are slim. After doing the research, I am going w/ the last option.

The neoprene dry glove like the Deep See Dry Comfort gloves are dry if you put them on under the wrist seals. Since there is no air in them, there isn't a problem with squeeze.

They work great and are only a "semi-dry" if you put them on as wet gloves. In that case they are still warmer than regular wet gloves because there is no water exchange.

The dexterity is WAY better than Smurfs/ringed gloves or the dry gloves that battles speaks of. You can actually do things with them on if needed (read pick up coins off of a dive boat deck).

I agree, they are semi- dry. I have a 4mm pair of Deep See neoprene dry gloves which I used a few weeks ago during an hour long dive in 40 degree water. To me these are a bit better than the 5mm wet gloves I have used in the past. I've noticed that the water doesn't flush nearly as much, so my hands, while maybe cool, aren't quite as cold, as with the wet gloves.

so if i understand right

since the gloves are so tight like a wet suit on your hand squeeze in irrelevent.
and you could put your latex wrist seal over the inner part of glove seal and it will be dry,
but if you do that what are the wrist flood averages.

No, I put the gloves' neoprene seal over the latex seal. The gloves are semi dry, not completely dry. They do allow water in, but, the neoprene seal significantly restricts the flow of water in & out, thus allowing for greater warmth. The neoprene seal is thick enough that if you reversed the seals, it would allow water to flood into the drysuit (not fun to have happen in 40 degree water).

Greetings from Indiana, its about spring but the water is still chilly! I have purchased a pair of Henderson semi-dry gloves. I had ordered dry gloves for my DS but was in my local dive shop and was advised to try them. Considering I was not impressed with the rings in the dry gloves and the fact they were a lot more reasonably priced I decided to give them a try. The reports I have gotten have been very good so far. I have been told if you pour warm water in them before entering the water your hands stay warm through the dive. I am eagerly waiting for an opportunity to give them a try! But for the price difference I would recommend to at least give them a try. I did at Our World Underwater checked out DUI's neoprene dry glove and they looked very very cool. They fit very well and the dexterity was shockingly great. Only one problem, $$$$$$ 12 months same as cash......woe on that. Good luck on your search, CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Back
Top Bottom