Neoprene Dive Sneakers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I saw a lady with a pair of what looked like sneakers that she was using with her fins. The sneakers laced up, and she said they were neoprene. They had "db" on the side. I missed my chace to ask her where she got them.

Anyone know of anything like this? Maybe low-cut, not high-top?
I find pull-on dive booties not that comfortable, they always feel like they are sliding around on my foot when they get wet. Lace-up seems like a good idea!

Try looking for 'rock boots'. Typically have 3D molded tread instead of a flat sheet sole, and some sort of lace or cinch system instead of a zipper or just stretch. More expensive and harder to fit, but secure in and out of the fin. A must for shore dives on riprap! I have Whites Alteras and can recommend them. Hollis also makes them and might be the ones you saw.

Try looking for 'rock boots'. Typically have 3D molded tread instead of a flat sheet sole, and some sort of lace or cinch system instead of a zipper or just stretch. More expensive and harder to fit, but secure in and out of the fin. A must for shore dives on riprap! I have Whites Alteras and can recommend them. Hollis also makes them and might be the ones you saw.
Thanks. I probably should have mentioned that the lady's sneakers were blue-green, and she said she almost bought the orange ones. I double they are typical rough-tough all-black drysuit rock boots!

I actually use sneakers. You can buy a pair of 'fake' Converse boots here in the Philippines for $3. I replaced the laces with 3mm bungee. Recently I've been experimenting with slitting the sides and putting a velcro closure there.... easier to take on/off.

If they weren't so cheap and replaceable here, I'd think to waterproof them for longevity using a commercial rubberizing solution.

In Canada, Mountain Equipment Coop carries them (or did a few years ago). They're in the kayaking section of the store; also on-line. Basically just like an old-style sneaker but neoprene with rubber sole. I bought a pair when I had a rock boot type drysuit but I wasn't as happy with them as I thought I'd be. They need to be a lot bigger then your feet to fit with the neoprene socks.

I ordered a pair of the Poseidon One Shoes. Always wanted something made by Poseidon.
We'll see.

Update. Got the Poseidon One Shes from DGX. They are really nice, except they have a wimpy sole, like cheap dive booties. I need a heavy, thick sole for coral rubble, like Bonaire.

Back
Top Bottom