Nemo Excel - new w/ low battery?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for some advice or opinions and originally posted in 'computers'. My apologies for the double post.

I bought a Mares Nemo Excel from a large authorized Mares lab dealer in the US since my local shop doesn't have them. The computer arrived in an open box. I checked the battery life and it was nearly dead. I called the shop, who provided great customer service, and they quickly sent me a second one. This one also arrived in an open box with the battery was also down to the last line. I requested an unopened computer and was assured that these are new from the factory and that they open them to test them. Is this normal for them to get opened? If so, this is no big deal?

How much life is left in the battery if it shows one bar? Would you send both back since they were open and request an unopened box or just find a local shop to replace the battery?

Any suggestions? I'm at a loss of what to do 3 weeks before a trip and don't want to keep mailing stuff back and forth and making a fuss. Its no fun for me or the dive shop.

I'm really excited to try out the new computer. Thanks.

Ok. 1st question is where are you located? U.S. or other?

2. Is it normal for a box to be opened? It is certainly reasonable for a dealer to open a product to make sure everything is in order (particularly regulators). I would not worry about this.

3. As for the battery, this is a tough one. If the computer is brand new, battery compartment has been unopened, and you have proof of receipt to show date of purchase we will consider a low battery or dead battery a warranty issue. Since you did not purchase this from a local retailer, normal protocol would be to continue working with either the store you purchased it from, or a local authorized dealer. Since you are under a deadline, I may be able to help. Send me pm including your email and phone number. At the end of the day, there will still be some shipping involved.

Thank you Zak. Your continued support on this forum is amazing!

By the time you had responded the original shop had solved the issue and had another computer in route. A huge thank you to everyone at the shop. Zak, Thank you for your offer to help get my trip off to a great and fully charged start. The design and construction of this computer are top notch. I can't wait to take it for a test drive. Eight work days left!

Hey alright! One for the dive shop! I'm glad they worked it out for you!

Have a great trip!

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom